My son asked me to make him a shirt. A zebra shirt. He picked out the fabric himself on the Girl Charlee website. I don’t know what is up with the animal prints in this family.
This is not that shirt. I’m not too keen on the zebra fabric but, mostly, I didn’t want to goof it up when I’ve never done knit edging before. I’m glad I waited on the special fabric because we had a few bumps on the way. One arm hole is… not great. I didn’t pull the arm binding nearly enough as I sewed. It actually ended up being too short and I had to add some extra fabric. As a result, one arm is a little wavy and wonky.
I do however prefer the blue to the zebra print.
I used this pattern from Brindille and Twig. It could be worse, but boy oh, boy, do I have a lot to learn.
And I like the peacock-blue from Girl Charlee.